Monday Q and A

 Ready? Let's Play .  Fezz says my brother is winning all kinds of Championships.  Hooray for brother Kevin from Chemicoons cattery . 

1- Have you ever won an award? 
2- Do you like the baby blanket below? 
3- What's your favorite gauge to knit in?
4- Where was the best cup of coffee you ever enjoyed?
5- Do you have a favorite family recipe that has been passed down for a few generations?
6- Did you know you can have a conversation in the message section of Facebook with someone out of the country?
7- Is it harder to send the kids to kindergarten or college?




8. This is a new free Knitpicks pattern.  I may have to knit one.  I think pattern are so much better written now than years ago.  Do you?

9. Ravelry really changed our craft and our communication. Do you have an old pattern that a family member passed down to you? 

10. When is the last time you traveled with your pet in a car?

My answers:

1. Honestly I think the last award I won was from McDonalds in 1977.  I got the local employee of the year award.   I have been teased mercilessly by my husband who also worked there and .....got no awards!

2. I like the baby blanket because it reminds me of Charlie Browns shirt . 

3. I really like 4 stitches to the inch.  Those tiny socks of old with 7 -8 stitches per inch are crazy to me.  Plus 4 sts to the inch moves a project along pretty quickly.  I have a short project span....

4. Best coffee ever: Mexico.  Leon hotel.  They would bring a huge pot of coffee to our room every morning.  There was no bitterness to it.   

5. I have my Hungarian grandmothers homemade bread recipe. It takes 8 hours from yeast rise to bake.  Lots of kneading, an all day affair.  Best when it is not humid out.  

6. Just learned I can write Zach live on Facebook Messaging. 

7. It is harder to send them to kindergarten.  They are so young and vulnerable and cute and innocent.  You go from total control of their day to letting someone else influence them.  College drop off was gut wrenching but at least you knew they were ready to go !

8. I haven't read a bad free pattern in a long long time.  I do think they have improved drastically. 

9. I had someone rewrite my Hungarian grandmothers crocheted apron pattern.  I'll never make one.  It is fun to have the apron and the pattern though.  

10. I'm going to be traveling with 4 cats in crates very soon .....it is going to be loud for awhile.  I only  have a 75-90 minute drive. 


Comments

Anonymous said…
Best wishes on that move. (P.S. I'm a little envious. I'm so ready to be OUT of Orlando!)

My answers are on my blog.

Tired Teacher said…
1. My knitting won some awards at the County Fair this year.
2. The pattern yes, but the colors are not my favorites.
3. I like to shake it up a bit for my hands, but I do enjoy knitting on sizes 2, 6, 8/9
4. No coffee for me, but I like a HOT Earl Grey
5. Yes, a sour cream raisin cookie and an icebox spice cookie.
6. I'm not a Facebook fan
7. Hmmm
8. Today's patterns seem to be easier to read and to knit. Older patterns assume knitters know the technique or stitch.
9. No one in my family knit, but my paternal grandmother and I didn't know her.
10. Probably 1990 - Pepper, a large black shaggy dog, who was my mother's shadow.
Julie said…
so fun to learn a bit more about you! My daughter starts kindergarten next month, good to know that it's the harder one- gulp! I find patterns are a mixed bag, and probably always will be- while north american ones are more detailed and longer and better for newer knitters, I find european style ones a bit obscure because they style is so different form what i'm used to.
Delighted Hands said…
I have an old recipe for banana bread but not an old pattern from family.
I saved the hat pattern from KnitPicks, too. It is calling me!
My favorite knits remains socks, though.
KSD said…
I'll answer here now, since KH/KC is taking up all my own blog space!
1. Yes.
2. I think it's wonderful; I'm a fan of chevrons.
3. Honestly, I don't know! I'll have to pay closer attention!
4. Not a coffee drinker.
5. Yes --- my grandmother's Italian Cream Cake.
6. No, I didn't. What a great tool.
7. Kindergarten. By the time they leave for college, you've got a lot of first days under your belt.
8. They're certainly better in terms of telling you how much yarn you will need. Older patterns seem
to call for ounces only.
9. A full box.
10. Finn went with me to Tennessee once, after my mother died and I was sorting things out at the
house. So, 4 years ago or so?
Betsy said…
1. I have but can't think of them right now.
2. I don't care much for the colors, but have always liked that pattern.
3. I knit in all gauges from tiny socks to blankets. I don't like huge needles though.
4. Not a coffee fan.
5. My Mom's banana bread is wonderful.
6. I use it with our son in Japan often. Last night he was in Shangai, China and we were messaging back and forth and then he face-timed with us. I LOVE technology. :-)
7. I did okay with both kindergarten and college. It was when they all moved far away that I came unglued and I'm still a pile of mush.
8. I like the newer ones much better. They seem more detailed.
9. I can't remember the question!
10. Chloe goes to the lake with me, back and forth, several time a week.

Have a wonderful day my friend,
Blessings,
Betsy
Katherine said…
1. Yes, swimming medals.
2. Love the blanket. That's for a very modern baby!
3. I like 4 stitches to the inch--mostly worsted weight yarn.
4. The best coffee I've ever had was in Biloxi, Mississippi, Bill's first duty station in the Air Force. It was my first encounter with chicory.
5. My mom's cornbread recipe is used by me, my daughter and daughter-in-laws. It has honey in it.
6. I use the message feature to talk to my granddaughter-in-law (Carrie's son's wife) all the time, and to my son-in-law's mom in Canada.
7. Definitely college! At least you still have them at home in kindergarten.
8. Patterns have absolutely improved! I rarely find errors or confusing instructions these days.
9. I have an afghan pattern given to me by my mom's friend Stella but it's in my head--and heart.
10. I had both dogs in the car with me two days ago. We traveled with them for a week last summer. We are lucky that they both love the car and going bye-bye.
Stefanie said…
1. I can't remember if I've ever won an award. I did get some kind of medal in a trio flute competition back in middle school.
2. The baby blanket is wonderful.
3. I really like w 4-5 sts/in or 8-9. Above or in-between affects my hands.
4. I can't drink coffee; it's like diuretic for my stomach.
5. My mum makes my paternal grandfather's curry and stew. I don't have the recipes but I have that banana cup-cake one from her old boss.
6. Yes but I'm not on FB.
7. Mine aren't college aged yet so I'd have to say kindergarten.
8. I only started knitting in 2008 so I'm not sure if patterns are better written but I know some patterns that I've tried from Ravelry or online I have to reformat it so I can understand it.
9. No.
10. Haven't had a pet since I was in college.
Stacey Minter said…
Hi. Hope you have a wonderful week. Here are my answers to this week's queations.

https://staceyschneller06.wordpress.com/2016/08/22/monday-qa-meme-5/
Araignee said…
1. I won 7 gold medals for the production number last year and 3 the year before that.
2. That is a cute blanket. I've always wanted to do a ripple pattern.
3. No Preference. I like to have lots of different gauges going. Better for my hands.
4. I never met a cup of coffee I didn't love-unless they put stuff in it. I like it to taste like coffee.
5. Meme's shrimp mold. Every holiday.
6. Yep. I have a buddy in Bordeaux.
7. Agree with kindergarten.
8. Some are. Some assume too much.
9. Nope.
10. Today. We took them to the boardwalk for a walk. It was still a bit too warm for them so we didn't stay long.
Vera said…
Best wishes for an easy move Kathy! 4 cats in crates - you are right it will be noisy! Answers on my blog.
Teresa Kasner said…
1- Have you ever won an award? Yes, I won 1st Place in the American Heritage art contest for the Daughters of the American Revolution on the National level - in the jewelry division for a beaded turtle necklace.
2- Do you like the baby blanket below? To be honest, it's not my cup of tea.
3- What's your favorite gauge to knit in? I don't know? :-)
4- Where was the best cup of coffee you ever enjoyed? Here at home.. we grind our own French Roast beans and I add chocolate caramel creamer. Yum!
5- Do you have a favorite family recipe that has been passed down for a few generations? Homemade macaroni and cheese.
6- Did you know you can have a conversation in the message section of Facebook with someone out of the country? Yep.
7- Is it harder to send the kids to kindergarten or college? College.. coz they are really gone.
8. This is a new free Knitpicks pattern. I may have to knit one. I think pattern are so much better written now than years ago. Do you? I believe you.
9. Ravelry really changed our craft and our communication. Do you have an old pattern that a family member passed down to you? Nope.
10. When is the last time you traveled with your pet in a car? Our dog went to camp with us and back home.. but he was in my husband's truck and not mine. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???